This was not the dress that was supposed to happen next. In fact, I have another dress from last night which was dyed, dyed again, disassembled, partially reassembled, and I gave up. I fully intend on finishing it… just not right now. Today I wanted something easy, a dress that didn’t make me talk to myself like a crazy person. Last night I was saying very rude things to my sewing machine. This even happened at one point:
The banana made me feel better about eating Nutella straight from the jar. I was “in a mood” as my mother would say. Then today I remembered… I enjoy sewing. Weird how we can forget things so quickly when faced with a challenging situation. I wanted to remember why I am doing this so I chose a less challenging refashion.
And enters this $0.50 dress…
Of the dresses I’ve refashioned so far this one is definitely one of the easiest. It wasn’t bad to begin with, it has a nice print, I love the fuscia/wine color, and it doesn’t have any defects. It’s just way too big and the neckline is a little too “Talbots” for a 23 year old.
First things first, I put the dress on inside out and pinned the sides in to create a better fit. The black yarn shows where I pinned, I did this on both sides.
And hemmed the bottom ~2 inches.
And I brought the neckline down a few inches.
Then the other side…
And everything was sewn into place!
That’s my “it’s nothing crazy, but it’s cute” face. So there you go. I’m out of my funk, I remembered that I enjoy this silly sewing thing, and now I’m off to spend a the evening working in the lab. I’ve officially declared this “the week of getting crap done”… feel free to join me in a ridiculously productive week!